The 2014 Edition of Complete Guide to The Villages is designed to help you separate the fact from fiction about America’s most popular retirement community, and begin your new life in The Villages with confidence.
The Villages is far and away the most popular retirement community in the country right now.
But ask anyone who lives there and they’ll probably tell you there were things they wish they’d known more about before buying in The Villages.
What I can GUARANTEE is that The Villages is different than any place you’ve ever lived. Now don’t get me wrong … I think it’s a great place to live. But there are several important things that you need to know.
If you’re new here, hello and welcome! My name is Ryan Erisman and I’ve been researching and writing about The Villages for more than 7 years. I’m also the editor of The Villages Monthly, the only unbiased monthly newsletter published today about The Villages.
I wrote the first version of this book back in 2007, and I’ve updated it several times since. It has enabled thousands of readers—just like you—to learn everything they need to know about The Villages before deciding whether to take the plunge and buy a home here.
The newly released 2014 Edition is the best one yet.
Here’s a sneak peek of what you’ll see inside:
IMHO the best reference book about The Villages and the state of Florida for retirement. Tons of facts and references gathered together for your enlightenment. If you are in or close to retirement and want to know about The Villages in Florida, this is a great source of information. - Nelson T. Champine
Who’s It For?
Complete Guide to The Villages is perfect for anyone at different stages in the decision process including:
- anyone just starting to learn about The Villages
- those who have visited The Villages and might have an interest in moving there
- current residents of The Villages and especially those who have just recently moved to The Villages. This book is a great primer for what’s to come
Just a few of the things you’ll learn…
- What you absolutely need to know about The Villages CDD’s (Don’t worry…I had no clue what these were before I started looking into The Villages…but you HAVE to learn about this before you move here!)
- How your CDD Assessments are calculated
- Should you buy a new home or a resale? I’ll walk you through the pros and cons of each
- You probably know about HOA’s but The Villages actually has a POA and an HOA…see what the differences are and which you should join
- Learn about the Town Squares and all the restaurants, shopping, and entertainment options available for residents to enjoy
- Learn about the different types and styles of homes available in The Villages
- How to figure out what your property taxes will be in The Villages and learn the only REAL ways to save money on your property tax bill.
By the end of the book you will also know…
- How to figure out the TRUE cost of living in The Villages.
- How to save on your homeowner’s insurance in The Villages.
- A type of insurance policy that you need to have in The Villages (and it can be cheap!)…but most people neglect to get it.
- The differences between buying new and resale
- Thinking of buying a home in The Villages “as-is”…read this before you sign.
- Don’t play golf? There’s plenty more to do in The Villages. Learn how to find your favorite club or activity.
Ready to Make Your Dream a Reality?
Just click on one of the buy buttons below and let’s get started! I look forward to welcoming you as a reader.